Hello everyone! This post is going to be a crafty one. Being the extra human being I am, I really like my school stationary and things in general to be super organized and good-looking- books wrapped, pencil case clean and everything looking organized. An emergency box is very useful to have with you when you are at school, and I mostly store things such as plasters, panadol and a few oils in mine. Now for this, you could always use a spare pencil-case that you don’t require anymore, to put your plasters and stuff. But, I decided to go a step further and make my own box!
Follow the steps below if you want to make something similar!
Things you need:
- A sellotape. the thinner the better. Unless you want fat gaps between the paint colours!
- A scissor
- A medium-sized Ferrero Rocher box. It doesn’t exactly have to be a Ferrero Rocher box you could always grab a spare box that you can get your hands on.
- Glass Paint. Or any other paint that you have at home.
- Hold your box firmly, or lay it on a smooth surface like I have done. Roll out the sellotape and start sticking it in a random order all around your box. Make sure that the sellotape pieces are not stuck too close to each other. Since, this would lead to a large part of the box being left colorless. Make sure that all sides of the box are covered with your randomly ordered sellotape. You may prefer to leave the lid of the box plain, or you can stick sellotape on that too!
2. Use your paint and paint the sides of the box that have not been covered by sellotape. You can use the same color for one side or you may use a range of multiple colors. Keep painting and fill in the gaps. I used glass paint for mine, but it was a bit difficult with glass paint since the surface was plastic the paint kept dripping all over😑. It might be better for you to use more solid colors that have a less liquid in them.
3. Let the box dry well. Once all the paint is permanently cemented to the box peel off the sellotape. And your done.
If you have any questions them leave them down in the comment section and also send me a picture if you tried making it! Have a great weekend! 💜