Hello everyone! I was thinking of a title for this post, maybe something like “The Ultimate Brownie Recipe”, but then decided, eh it’s too plain we need something different, hence, the title. Bear with me guys, I am feeling extremely EXTRA today! Today’s post is all about BROWNIES and the way I make them. Trust me and do it my way!
Without further ado presenting the recipe:
- 190 grams of butter (I use unsalted butter or even margarine at times, depending on what I have at home)
- 200 grams of Dark Chocolate
- 250 grams of Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 80 grams of Plain Flour
- 20 grams of Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Melt the butter and the dark chocolate over a double boil and let it cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture is light, pale and fluffy.
- Pour the cold chocolate and butter mixture into the whisked egg and sugar, and stir well.
- In a large separate bowl, add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix till all three are properly combined, using a spoon of your choice.
- Add the mixture of flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into chocolate mix. Mix it well till everything is well combined and no lumps are seen. I normally use a wooden spoon to mix.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- In a baking tray lined with paper/ non-stick spray, pour your final brownie mixture and level it.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes at 180 degrees.
That is it! Pretty simple isn’t it? You can serve it with a scoop of ice cream and maybe even a drizzle of caramel.
With regards to the dark chocolate, make sure you get quality chocolate or it doesn’t taste too great. And if your country like Sri Lanka doesn’t have caster sugar, then you can grind your sugar to make it smaller (don’t powder it though).
That is it for today! If you have any questions with regards to the recipe let me know in the comments below! 💜